UPDATE: Cloud Storage Studio is now replaced by Azure Management Studio.
We are pleased to announce that Cloud Storage Studio is now available in public beta. To download/install Cloud Storage Studio, please click on the link below:
This had been in private beta for about 4 months now and has gone over 5 iterations. You can track the progress of this application development history on this thread:
Please try this application out & give us your feedback. We are offering free license to the users who try our product out and give us valuable feedback so that we can improve our product offering.
I believe this is the most comprehensive application to manage Windows Azure storage at this time.
Cloud Storage Studio is a standalone WPF application to manage your Azure storage. Unlike our other product (Cloud Storage Studio/e), here the communication between this application and Azure storage happens directly. You will need to have .Net 3.5 installed on your computer to run this application.
Here is the feature list of Cloud Storage Studio (at a high level):
Storage account management:
- Connect to one or more storage accounts simultaneously.
- Development storage is also supported.
- Ability to persist storage account information so that you don’t have to type in your account name/key to connect.
- Ability to auto connect to your storage accounts.
- Create/delete tables.
- Create/edit/delete entities [ability to edit/delete multiple entities is also supported].
- Ability to filter by PartitionKey.
- Query your table storage.
- Manually insert entities [To upload entities in bulk, we recommend using Azure Database Uploader and Azure File Uploader utilities (also developed by us). You can get them from CodePlex].
- Create/delete queue.
- Update queue metadata.
- Create message.
- List messages [using PEEK and not GET].
- Auto refresh queues [Configurable. When this feature is turned on in configuration settings, the queues will auto refresh after a period of time specified by you].
- Clear messages [Delete messages is not supported in this application].
Blob containers/blobs management:
- Create/delete blob containers.
- Update container metadata.
- Create/update/delete container ACL (it includes defining container as Public/Private as well as granular access policies). For more information about this, please read this thread http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsazure/thread/f8336cc0-74e3-4d29-af46-f563c263ba86
- Upload blobs: You can upload one or more files, folders in one shot. You can drag files and folders from your desktop/windows explorer and drop them on the application upload blob window to add them to upload queue. You can also copy the files/folders on the clipboard and paste them on the application upload blob window to add them to upload queue. While uploading you can define if you want to split a blob into blocks or not. You can pause/resume/cancel upload session as well.
- Download blobs: You can download one or more files in one shot. While downloading you can specify where you want these files to be stored on your computer. Like upload, you can pause/resume/cancel download session. Like upload again, you can specify if you want to download blobs in blocks or not.
- Copy blobs
- Move blobs
- Rename blob
- Delete blobs
- Generate signed URL for blob. Again see this thread for more details http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsazure/thread/f8336cc0-74e3-4d29-af46-f563c263ba86.
- Request Inspector: We have built a “Fiddler” like utility inside the application using which you can track your requests and responses made to the storage engine.
- Configurable: There are lots of configuration features available in this application.
Please try it out and let us know your feedback.