UPDATE: Diagnostics Manager has been replaced by Azure Management Studio
I am pleased to announce the availability of Azure Diagnostics Manager utility in private beta. In PDC, Windows Azure team announced the new Diagnostics API and Management however we felt that there was a gap (and thus a great opportunity) regarding the tooling to surface this data. Thus we built this utility so that developers can get access to the diagnostics data in a user friendly way.
What is Azure Diagnostics Manager:
Azure Diagnostics Manager (ADM) is a WPF based rich client application using which you can manage diagnostics data logged by your applications using Diagnostics API made available by Windows Azure. Here are the features available in ADM in its current release:
- Event Viewer: View/download events logged by your applications in a “Windows Events Viewer” like user interface.
- Performance Counters Viewer: View/download performance counters data logged by your applications in a “Perfmon” like user interface.
- Trace Logs Viewer: View/download trace data logged by your applications.
- Infrastructure Logs Viewer: View/download infrastructure logs data.
- IIS Logs: View/Download IIS logs.
- IIS Failed Request Logs: View/Download IIS Failed Request logs
In the next few versions we’ll be adding these features:
- Support for Crash Dump Logs
- Support for On Demand Transfer
- Suppot for Remote Diagnostics Management
More information about this application (including link to small demo overview video) is available @ http://www.cerebrata.com/products/azure-diagnostics-manager/introduction.
If you wish to participate in private beta program, please fill up the signup sheet available at the link above and we’ll send you the link to download/install the application along with the instructions to use it.