Effective as of Aug 15, 2021
The software is subject to KOVAI LTD full Licence agreement. The full Licence agreement is as set out below and included in the software. IMPORTANT: Please read the terms of this Licence carefully. Your attention is drawn to clause 10, under which We limit Our liability to You. Microsoft Azure and resources like Service Bus, Logic Apps, Event Hub, Storage Account, Cosmos Db etc. are registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
This Licence governs the use of the Software. The term “Software” or “Cerebrata” means Our computer software referred to as “Cerebrata” (including online and electronic documentation, the user documentation pertaining to the Software as supplied by Us (“Documentation”)), any associated media, and any updates or upgrades provided to You during the terms of this Licence. The features of Our Software that You will have access to is dependent on the nature of the subscription which You choose when You purchase Your subscription.
You agree to be bound by the terms of this Licence. BY SIGNING THIS LICENCE YOU ACCEPT ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE LICENCE. IF YOU ARE ACCEPTING THE TERMS ON BEHALF OF ANOTHER PERSON OR LEGAL ENTITY, THEY REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT THEY HAVE FULL LEGAL AUTHORITY TO ACCEPT ON BEHALF OF AND BIND THAT PERSON OR LEGAL ENTITY TO THE TERMS.
We are only willing to grant You this Licence if You obtained the Software from Us or Our authorized reseller. If You obtained the Software from any other source You may not install or use the Software. Any earlier licence We may have granted to You for the use of earlier versions of the Software is superseded by the terms of this Licence.
We hereby grant to You a limited, personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive licence (which may not be sub-Licenced) to install and use the Software only as authorized below. You are granted either: (1) a Trial Licence, or (2) a Standard Licence, or (3) an Enterprise Licence. Which licence applies (i.e., Trial, Standard or Enterprise Licence), and the duration of that licence, is specified in the quotation provided to You by Us (“Quote”). In all cases, the Software is Licenced to You, not sold. In all cases, the licence is conditional upon Your payment of the sum agreed in respect of Your subscription to the Software (“Licence Fee”) by the due date.
1. In consideration of the mutual rights and obligations set out in this Licence, We grant You the right to use the Software for a period of 15 days from when it is installed by You or on Your behalf (“Trial Period”). During the Trial Period You can decide whether or not the Software meets Your requirements.
2. Before or upon expiry of the Trial Period:
1. If the subscription to the Software is designated in Your Quote as the Commercial licence, you are granted a licence to either Personal (annual or monthly) or Professional plan of the Software (as defined in the Quote) for the agreed subscription period specified in Your Quote and the number of Users identified in the Quote.
2. In case of volume orders executed via quote by the Cerebrata Licensing team, you will initially be issued with a licence key which has a duration of 3 months, pending full settlement of the Licence Fee. Once the Licence Fee payment is fully paid, a licence key will be issued for the remaining period of Your subscription.
3. You can purchase additional User associations as allowed in the Licence plan You purchased initially by contacting Cerebrata Licensing team. Every time You purchase a new quantity, our Licensing team will work with you and add the additional activations to an existing license key if desired by you or a new key will be issued to you.
4. You are required to adhere to the restrictions as mentioned by the Licence purchase document.
5. Individual can also purchase the license directly from the website in which case you will get the full 12 months key as the payment is instant.
1. You may not distribute copies of the Software to another party or electronically transfer the Software from one computer to another, if one of the computers belongs to another party.
2. You may not modify, adapt, translate, rent, lease, resell, distribute, or create derivative works based upon the Software or any part thereof.
3. You must comply with all applicable laws regarding use of the Software.
4. We may provide You with support services related to the Software (“Support Services”). Any supplemental Software code provided to You as part of the Support Services shall be considered part of the Software and subject to the terms and conditions of this Licence.
5. In this case, when You reach out to Our Licensing team, the deactivation/activation will be done. You may use the production copy of the Software solely to process Your own proprietary data.
6. The Software contains Our trade secrets and to protect them and You will not de-compile, disassemble, reverse engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the Software nor attempt to do any such things except to the extent that such actions cannot be prohibited by applicable law because they are essential for the purpose of achieving inter-operability of the Software with another software program, and provided that the information obtained by You during such activities
7. Other than the rights of use expressly conferred upon You by this clause, You will have no further rights to use the Software or Documentation.
8. You will not copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate or add new features to the Software. You shall not permit disclosure of, access to, or use of the Software by any third party unless authorized in writing by Us.
9. Additional Licences are available in accordance with Our price list in effect from time to time. Please contact Us if You would like a Quote for further licences.
1. We provide support services (including updates) for the Software product. The Support package fee is included in the Licence Fee. We provide support to users via Our dedicated ticketing system available by means of Our website. We provide support from 4.30am to 6pm UK time, on all days other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in England, when banks in London are open for business (“Support Business Hours”).
2. We shall acknowledge support requests from You within 4 hours (applicable only during our Support Business Hours as defined above). Where We consider it necessary to facilitate efficient communication, We may contact You by telephone or otherwise.
3. We shall have the right to withdraw services under the Support Package, without notice, if You are in default under any terms of this Licence.
4. We shall supply upgrades to the Software as they are commercially released.
5. We shall use reasonable endeavours to solve problems with the Software identified and notified to us by You by means of our dedicated ticketing system. Given the nature of Software, it is not possible for Us to warrant that We will be able to solve any problem in a given timescale, or at all. However, We undertake to keep You updated on progress and, where practical, provide an interim fix and/or workaround so that You can continue effective use of the Software.
6. We expect reasonable support from Your side to help diagnose the problem, examples of such activities involve providing the adequate log files, and if necessary, access to Your environment either onsite or via secure remote access mechanisms.
7. You accept that, where a particular identified problem requires an update to the Software, the scheduling of any new releases and the functionality of those releases contain shall be under Our sole control.
8. We shall have no obligation to provide the support and maintenance services if the fault is not reported through Our dedicated ticketing system on Our website, or where faults arise from:
9. We shall have no obligation to provide the support and maintenance services and shall be entitled to terminate this Licence on one months’ written notice to You if You fail to acquire and install enhancements to the Software that We make available as part of its support and maintenance services such that the Software operated by You is more than three versions behind Our latest issued version.
1. In this Licence, “Intellectual Property Rights” means patents, copyright and related rights, trade marks, domain names, designs, database rights, rights in confidential information (including know-how and trade secrets) and any other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered, registrable or not and including all applications (or rights to apply) for, and renewals or extensions of, such rights and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection which subsist or will subsist now or in the future in any part of the world.
2. You acknowledge that:
3. You hereby agree to refrain from any action which would diminish Our Intellectual Property Rights in or relating to the Software or which would call them into question.
4. You agree not to remove or alter any trademarks, copyright notices or similar proprietary devices, including without limitation any electronic watermarks or other identifiers, that may be incorporated in the Software or any copy of the Software.
5. If any part of the Software is protected by technical protection measures (TPM) so that the Intellectual Property Rights, including copyright, in Our Software is not misappropriated, You must not attempt in any way to remove or circumvent any such TPM, nor to apply, manufacture for sale, hire, import, distribute, sell, nor let, offer, advertise or expose for sale or hire, nor have in Your possession for private or commercial purposes, any means whose sole intended purpose is to facilitate the unauthorised removal or circumvention of such TPM.
6. If You become aware of any possible infringement or suspected infringement of Our Intellectual Property Rights in or relating to the Software by any third party involving You, then You shall notify us as soon as practicable. We and You shall consult together on an appropriate course of action but neither party shall be obliged to take any action in respect of any such infringement or suspected infringement.
1. References to “Trade Secrets” in this clause means the Software, including all Intellectual Property therein, and all Our confidential and proprietary information disclosed or supplied to You in respect of the Software. You acknowledge that all Trade Secrets are owned by Us or We have the applicable rights of use in respect of such Trade Secrets. You further acknowledge that all Intellectual Property Rights subsisting in the Software, throughout the world belongs to Us, that rights in the Software are Licenced (not sold) to You, and that You have no rights in, or to, the Software, other than the right to use them or have access to them in accordance with the terms of this Licence.
2. You will only use the Trade Secrets as permitted by this Licence, shall maintain the Trade Secrets in strict confidence and not disclose the Trade Secrets to any third party without Our prior written consent. You shall restrict the disclosure and dissemination of all Trade Secrets to Your employees who are bound to respect the confidentiality of such Trade Secrets. The provisions of this clause shall not apply to any Trade Secrets which are or become generally available to the public other than through disclosure by You in breach of this Licence. At the request of Us and in any event on termination of this Licence, You shall return to Us all documents and materials (and any copies) containing or reflecting the Trade Secrets. These obligations of confidentiality will survive termination of this Licence.
3. Without prejudice to clauses 6.1 and 6.2, each party agrees that it may use the other party’s confidential information only in the performance of its rights and obligations under this Licence and that during the term of this Licence and for a period of five years following termination of this Licence it shall not disclose the other party’s confidential information including all knowhow, financial, commercial, technical, tactical or strategic information of any kind except in accordance with this clause 6.
4. Each party may disclose the other party’s confidential information to those of its employees, officers, advisers, agents or representatives who need to know the other party’s confidential information in order to perform the disclosing party’s rights and obligations under this Licence provided that the disclosing party shall ensure that each of its employees, officers, advisers, agents or representatives to whom confidential information is disclosed is aware of its confidential nature and complies with this clause as if it were a party.
5. Each party may disclose any confidential information required by law, any court, any governmental, regulatory or supervisory authority (including any regulated investment exchange) or any other authority of competent jurisdiction.
1. We hereby warrant:
2. The sole remedy You shall have for any breach of the warranty in clause 7.1.3 above will be for Us to use reasonable efforts to correct, at its own expense, any defects in the Software that are brought to Our attention by You, in the context of the support and maintenance services it provides under this Licence.
3. You acknowledge that the Software and related materials is of such a complexity that there will be inherent defects and that therefore We can give no warranty that the Software is free from error or defect or that operation of the Software shall be uninterrupted.
4. Other than as provided for in clause 7.1 above, We do not offer any warranty related to the Software and/or the Support Package, either express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of fitness for purpose or satisfactory quality. The Software has been developed as a standard product for use and so We are unable to warrant that the Software will meet any particular user needs. You shall take full responsibility for ensuring that the Software is suitable for Your intended purposes and to facilitate Your checks of such suitability, We offer free Trial Licences for a maximum of 30 days period.
1. We will invoice You for the Software Licence Fee in accordance with Your licence type (Personal or Professional). The invoice will reflect the price agreed by You as specified in a quotation previously issued to You.
2. You will pay all invoices within thirty (30) days of receipt.
3. You will also be responsible for payment of all applicable taxes and other levies, including sales and use taxes, and this obligation will survive termination of this Licence.
4. We may charge You interest on the overdue amount at the rate of 4% per annum above Barclays Bank base lending rate from time to time. Such interest shall accrue on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment.
5. Where We reasonably conclude that additional Licence Fees are due from You under this Licence, We shall make a request in writing. You shall pay such additional Licence Fees within thirty (30) days of the date of the request. Without prejudice to Our other rights and remedies, non-payment of such fees shall, without prejudice to any other rights that We might have, give Us the right to terminate this Licence with immediate effect.
6. If you continue to renew your subscription to the Software without interruption for successive Extended Terms (as is defined under 11.1) We will refrain for the first four Extended Terms, from raising the Licence Fee from that paid by You in respect of the Initial Term. For the avoidance of doubt, this does not apply to any additional licences you purchase, which will be charged at our standard price in effect from time to time.
7. Where We reasonably conclude that You are otherwise in breach of this Licence, We shall at Our sole choice provide You with written notice of such breach and either (i) provide details of any remedial action required by You; or (ii) terminate this Licence.
8. All amounts due under this Licence shall be paid in full without any deduction or withholding other than as required by law. You shall not be entitled to assert any credit, set-off or counterclaim against Us in order to justify withholding payment of any such amount in whole or in part.
We will indemnify You in respect of any claims brought against You by a third party based on the claim that the Software infringes the Intellectual Property Rights of that third party, provided that You give Us prompt written notice of the claim, do not make any admission of liability agreement or compromise in relation to the claim, and provide all such assistance and documents at Our request and expense; We are permitted to have full control of the claim. If all or any part of the Software becomes, or in Our opinion is likely to become, the subject of such a claim, We may either modify the Software to make it non-infringing, reimburse all licence fees paid by You in relation to the Software that is alleged to infringe or terminate this Licence as it relates to the infringing portion of the Software. Our entire liability concerning Intellectual Property Rights infringement under this Licence shall be limited to the total of the licence fees paid by You to Us in respect of the Software in the preceding 12 months. We will not be liable for any infringement or claim based upon any modification of the Software developed by You, or use of the Software in combination with software or other technology not supplied or approved in advance by Us, or use of the Software contrary to this Licence or the Documentation.
1. The following provisions set out Our entire financial liability (including any liability for the acts or omissions of its employees, agents and sub-contractors) to You in respect of:
2. All warranties, clauses and other terms implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from the Agreement. In particular, We do not warrant that:
3. Nothing in these clauses excludes Our liability:
4. Subject to clause 10.1 and 10.2, We shall not be liable, whether in tort (including for negligence or breach of statutory duty), contract, misrepresentation or otherwise for:
5. Our total aggregate liability in contract (including under the indemnity in clause 9), tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise, arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of the Agreement shall be limited to 100% of the sums paid by You to Us in respect of the Software in the previous twelve months.
6. You acknowledge that the provisions of clauses 7, 9, and 10 are reasonable and reflected in the level of the Licence Fee, which would be higher without those provisions. In the event that any of the limitations or exemptions in this Licence shall be found to be void, they shall be construed in accordance with clause 13.
1. The Licence shall commence upon the date on which the licence keys for the Software are provided to You, and shall continue, unless terminated earlier in accordance with clause 11.2, until the expiry of the agreed subscription period as specified in Your Quote (Initial Term), when it shall terminate automatically without notice unless, at any time, the parties agree in writing that the term of the agreement shall be extended for a further period equivalent to the Initial Term (Extended Term).
2. Without affecting any other right or remedy available to it, either party may terminate this Licence on giving not less than 90 days’ written notice to the other party. In the event of such termination, We will refund You any sums paid by You in respect of the portion of Your then-current subscription period which remains unexpired at the date of termination.
3. Without prejudice to any other rights or remedies to which We may be entitled, We may terminate the Agreement without liability to you if:
4. Upon termination of this Licence for any reason whatsoever, You must uninstall the Software and destroy all copies of the Software including all components of it in Your power, possession or control.
5. The termination of this Licence howsoever arising shall not affect the rights, duties and liabilities of either party accrued prior to termination. Following termination, no obligations or liabilities remain with Us.
6. On termination of this Licence, and except as under clause 11.5 above, the provisions of 5.1 (Ownership of Intellectual Property Rights), clause 6 (Confidentiality and Trade Secrets), clause 7 (Warranty), clause 10 (Limitation and Exclusion of Liability), clause 8.5 (Audit), and clauses 13 to 19 will remain in effect.
You acknowledge and agree that notwithstanding the fact that this Licence is governed by the laws of England You may be subject to additional laws in other jurisdictions with respect to Your use of the Software. You agree to comply with the laws of any jurisdiction that apply to the Software including without limitation any applicable export laws or regulations.
If any provision or part of any provision in this Licence shall be found by any court, body or authority of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable for any reason then the parties shall meet promptly to discuss in good faith and agree an alternative provision or part provision that provides as closely as possible, the same commercial effect as the original. If this happens then the remaining provisions or part provisions are unaffected.
We and You do not intend that any of the terms of this Licence will be enforceable by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by any person not a party to it and all rights by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 are hereby excluded.
The Licence contains all the terms which the parties have agreed in relation to the subject matter of this Licence and supersedes any prior written or oral agreements, representations (save for any fraudulent misrepresentation, fraud or concealment) or understandings between the parties in relation to such subject matter. Any changes to the Agreement or the Licence terms shall be through a written amendment signed by authorised signatories of the parties. Each party acknowledges that, in entering into this Licence, it has not relied on, and shall have no right or remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made negligently or innocently) other than as expressly set out in this Licence. Nothing in this clause shall limit or exclude any liability for fraud.
We will not be responsible for, and its performance of obligations will automatically be postponed as a result of any circumstances beyond Our reasonable control, provided that We notify You of Our inability to perform with reasonable promptness and perform Our obligations hereunder as soon as circumstances permit. For the purposes of this clause, circumstances beyond Our reasonable control shall include without limitation act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood or storm.
1. Subject to Clause 17.1, this Licence is for the sole benefit of the parties and may not be assigned by either party without the prior written consent of the other, where such consent shall not be unreasonably withheld or delayed.
2. We may, at any time, assign any of Our obligations or any benefit arising under or out of this Licence to a member of Our group of companies. We may also subcontract or delegate any of Our obligations under this Licence to a selected third party or agent.
3. If there is an assignment pursuant to clause 17.1:
1. Any notice given to a party under or in connection with this Licence shall be in writing and shall be delivered by hand or by pre-paid first-class post or other next working day delivery service at its registered office (if a company) or its principal place of business (in any other case).
2. Any notice shall be deemed to have been received:
3. This clause does not apply to the service of any proceedings or other documents in any legal action or, where applicable, any arbitration or other method of dispute resolution.
The Licence (and any dispute or claim relating to it, or its formation, existence, construction, performance, validity or termination) will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England
Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with this Licence or its subject matter or formation.
In the event of any dispute arising between the parties in connection with this Licence which cannot be settled by negotiation, the parties shall in good faith, seek to resolve that dispute through mediation under the auspices of the ADR Group (UK). The mediator shall be agreed upon within 15 days of one party requesting mediation, failing which the mediator will be appointed by the then Chairman of ADR Group. Unless otherwise agreed the parties shall share equally the costs of the mediation. If the dispute is not resolved within 30 days, or one of the parties refuses to participate in mediation, the dispute may be referred to litigation. No party may commence any court proceedings in relation to any dispute arising out of this Licence until it has attempted to settle the dispute by mediation and either the mediation has terminated or the other party has failed to participate in the mediation, provided that nothing in this clause shall prevent either party seeking a preliminary injunction or other judicial relief at any time if in its judgement such action is necessary to prevent irreparable damage.